How to Protect Yourself and Your Office from the Coronavirus
The coronavirus, first identified in China in December 2019, is rapidly spreading and causing high alarm among people across the world. People are now wondering how to keep their homes and workplace safe from the virus.
The current outbreak of the coronavirus was first identified among people in Wuhan City, China. Most of the people affected first were found to be linked to a live animal wholesale market in Wuhan. More recently, the virus had started to spread from person-to-person when people from the virus-affected area traveled to other areas.
What Are the Symptoms of the Coronavirus?
It is challenging to confirm the coronavirus infection as its symptoms strongly resemble the symptoms of the common flu. The main symptoms include fever, cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty in breathing.
How Is the Coronavirus Transmitted?
At present, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that coronaviruses are transmitted through the air when the patient sneezes or coughs. The virus can also spread if you keep close personal contact with anyone infected. The good news is that using disinfectants to clean your home and office can kill these viruses.
How Can You Keep Yourself and Your Office Safe from the Coronavirus?
There is no vaccine developed against the coronavirus yet, as it has been identified only recently. Therefore, the best way to prevent coronavirus infection is to avoid its exposure. CDC recommends these measures to safeguard against the coronavirus.
- Frequently wash your hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with infected people.
- Stay at home if you are sick.
- Use a tissue to cover your mouth while you sneeze or cough and safely throw them away.
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects.
- Temporarily avoid traveling to China.
- If you are coming from the affected area, make sure to get yourself quarantined on military bases until the incubation period of the virus (up to 14 days) is over.
Please keep your office or any other type of work environment clean to help prevent further spreading of any types of illnesses, including the coronavirus. Our team provides high quality customized commercial cleaning services at an affordable rate. Call us today.