When it comes to hospitals or other medical facilities, regular cleaning and a disinfecting schedule is crucial to maintaining a healthy environment. Cleanliness of the hospital plays a vital role in decreasing the dangers of hospital-acquired infections (HAI) and boosting recovery from illness. Hospital cleanliness is also a vital factor for patients’ opinion of the healthcare site, and consequently in patient satisfaction.
Fortunately, there are a few ways to safeguard a clean hospital environment that will help to check the spread of diseases and improve patient satisfaction level. One of the most significant ways is hiring a medical cleaning service that can provide superior hospital cleaning quality.
The Impact of Low-Quality Hospital Cleaning
With patients constantly entering and leaving a hospital, its environment is prone to harboring potential pathogens that pose huge risks of hospital-acquired infections (HAI). HAIs are also called nosocomial infection that are not linked to the original ailment being treated.
In the U.S. alone, Centers for Disease Control (CDC) estimates that HAIs account for 1.7 million infections acquired every year, while in a health care facility and 99,000 associated deaths. Four specific pathogens, including MRSA, VRE, C. difficile and Acinetobacter, are persistent in the hospital environment.
Reducing HAIs has become a major priority for the healthcare facilities. If hospitals are not cleaned in the right manner, they cause more harm by introducing the already ill individuals to many new diseases. One of the essential factors for decreasing HAIs is effective cleaning and sanitizing.
How to Keep a Clean Hospital Environment
Keeping a clean and hygienic hospital environment not only involves removing dirt but also establishing a surrounding that is ideal for patient safety. The best products and equipment would be completely effective against all microorganisms while being completely safe and convenient to use.
Professional cleaning companies having expertise in hospital cleaning will meet the top-notch cleaning standards, most cost-effectively. A quality commercial cleaning team will ensure the safety of patients, visitors and workforce by providing customized cleaning services.
Here are some essential tips to keep germs at bay at the hospital premises:
- Staff should practice good overall hygiene (especially hand hygiene)
- Toys that are given to children for playing should be regularly sanitized
- Sanitizers or disinfectant tissues should always be provided to the patients
- Magazines should be removed from waiting areas to prevent the spread of germs
- Ventilations should be regularly cleaned
- Proper monitoring, handling, transporting, and storing of medical wastes should be prioritized
- Professional cleaning company that have modern medical standards should be hired.
- Areas that come in frequent contact with people, like doorknobs and light switches, should be regularly cleaned.
We are a well-known professional cleaning company, expert in meeting all the hospital cleaning and surgery cleaning needs. Contact us today for outstanding, efficient cleaning results for your hospital.