Workplace accidents and injuries happen mostly because of slips, trips, and falls. In fact, slips, trips, and falls are reported as the most common causes of accidental deaths. Slippery or uneven surfaces, obstructive objects, missing or loose flooring, or weather hazards can cause slips, trips, and falls. A commercial office cleaning company can help you keep your work areas well-organized and walkways clean from clutter and debris.
How It Can Be Prevented at the Workplace?
Here are 5 ways you can prevent workplace slips, trips, and falls.
- Lighting: Proper lighting in and around the workplace can brighten the work environment and help your employees and customers to avoid tripping on objects and slipping hazards. Make sure to replace burnt-out lights.
- Wear Proper Shoes: Wear proper shoes when working on the slippery or wet surfaces. You must wear shoes with proper traction or shoes that are resistant to slips.
- Clean Up Spills Immediately: Hire a commercial janitorial cleaning services company to clean up spills before they become slipping hazards. Place warning signs immediately around the hazard when a spill occurs. Make sure to use slip-resistant and moisture-absorbent floor mats and wet floor signs that can minimize accidents in the workplace.
- Keep Walkaways Clean: Make sure to keep your hallways and walkways free of obstacles, clutter, and debris to avoid trips and falls. An unobstructed path reduces the chance for employees to trip over objects and other slipping hazards.
- Workers Should Stay Alert: Workers must pay attention to their surroundings, walk carefully in the areas that can cause accidents and report unsafe working conditions immediately.
How Can We Avoid Trip Hazards in the Workplace?
A clean and safe work environment will help you to avoid trip hazards in the workplace. Hire the best commercial cleaning company for a safe and tidy workplace.
If you are looking for a responsible commercial cleaning company with the right equipment and techniques to reduce the risk of slips and falls at the workplace. Contact us at (949) 358-6891 today!