Keeping an office eco-friendly is important, but can be hard to do. One option is to consider hiring green office cleaning services to keep your workplace clean and clutter-free. An office should also consider options such as recycling to become more eco-friendly.
Here are some recycling tips to keep your office eco-friendly:
- Recycle Miscellaneous Office Supplies: Ask your employees to put all of their old or unused office supplies, such as binders, folders, and pencil holders, in a common area accessible to other coworkers. Rather than throwing out these office supplies, other employees can reuse them. This will also be a great place for your employees to check office supplies inventory before ordering new items.
- Recycle Paper and Try to Go Paperless: It may not be possible to go completely paperless, but you can take steps to reduce the amount of paper used day-to-day. Encourage your employees to print on both sides of a page, and recycle paper instead of throwing it away. Set up recycle bins around the office and near printers. Additionally, encourage employees to save paper by using digital documents or email instead of printing copies.
- Recycle Batteries: Many things in and around your office require batteries to operate. Your employees may toss out the old batteries rather than recycling them. To prevent this, set up special recycling bins to collect old batteries.
- Recycle Bottles and Glass: Make sure break rooms, lunch areas, and other common areas have bins for recycling glass and bottles so that your employees can recycle them after eating.
- Recycle Electronics, Computers, and Computer Accessories: Electronics and computer accessories can pile up, especially if you just updated your office technology. Schedule a monthly or quarterly “electronics recycling day” to remove and recycle these items.
Conduct a waste audit regularly if you want to know the eco-friendliness of your office. This will help you gain a better understanding of what materials are trashed and if any of those can be recycled instead.