The coronavirus, first identified in China in December 2019, is rapidly spreading and causing high alarm among people across the world. People are now wondering how to keep their homes and workplace safe from the virus.
The current outbreak of the coronavirus was first identified among people in Wuhan City, China. More recently, the virus started to spread from person to person when people from the virus-affected area traveled to other areas.
It is challenging to confirm the coronavirus infection as its symptoms strongly resemble the symptoms of the common flu. The main symptoms include fever, cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty in breathing.
Currently, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that coronaviruses are transmitted through the air when the patient sneezes or coughs. The virus can also spread if you keep close personal contact with anyone infected. The good news is that using disinfectants to clean your home and office can kill these viruses.
There is no vaccine developed against the coronavirus yet, as it has been identified only recently. Therefore, the best way to prevent coronavirus infection is to avoid its exposure. CDC recommends these measures to safeguard against the coronavirus.
- Frequently wash your hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with infected people.
- Stay at home if you are sick.
- Use a tissue to cover your mouth while you sneeze or cough and safely throw them away.
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects.
- Wear a cloth face covering in public settings
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance between yourself and others
- If you are coming from the affected area, make sure to get yourself quarantined on military bases until the incubation period of the virus (up to 14 days) is over.
If you are an employer, you should follow these measures to contain the spread of viruses in your office.
- If any of your employees have symptoms of acute respiratory illness, recommend them to stay at home.
- Make sure that they do not come to the office until they are free from signs of fever and other symptoms for at least 24 hours without using any medicine.
Please keep your office or any other type of work environment clean to help prevent the further spread of infections, including the coronavirus. If you want office cleaning services, call us today for high quality customized commercial cleaning services at an affordable rate.