The air quality of an office environment is vital for the health, wellbeing, and comfort of the employees. It is also important to management because a healthy working environment can assure higher productivity.
Here are some ways to improve your office air quality and keep your employees happy and healthy.
- Let Fresh Air Come InThe first step towards a better office air quality is to keep the air vents in your office open and unobstructed. This ensures that the air inside can circulate properly and can keep the air fresh inside.
- Replace Air Filters FrequentlyReplace the air filters of your HVAC system at least every 6-12 months. Otherwise, they will get clogged with dirt, dust, and debris, obstructing the airflow drastically reducing your office air quality.
- Maintain Healthy Humidity LevelsUse air conditioners and dehumidifiers to keep the humidity levels inside the office between 30 to 50% so that mold, dust mites, and other allergens are kept under control.
- Avoid Excess Moisture in the AirKeeping moisture levels in the office air is important because residual dampness in air supports the growth of mold, which can lead to severe health risks.
- Opt for Indoor Office PlantsHaving indoor plants at your office add a pleasing aesthetic to it. Apart from that, indoor plants also absorb toxins from the air and let out more oxygen, which in turn improves the office air quality.
- Clean Your HVAC Ducts RegularlyOver time, it is common for dust, mold, and bacteria to accumulate inside the air ducts of your HVAC system. If not cleaned properly, these toxins may cause bad odor and certain airborne infections at your workplace. You can call a professional cleaning service provider to clean this.
- Test Your Office Air Quality OftenThe airflow, humidity levels, odors, leaks, ventilation, water damage, and mold growth play an essential role in maintaining the air quality of your office environment. Make sure to check these regularly so that you know what is affecting the quality of air in your office and can take corrective measures to fix it.
- Always Keep Your Office CleanYou need to regularly dust, vacuum, sanitize, and clear away the clutter in your office if you want to increase your office air quality. Also, make sure to dispose of all the garbage promptly. Keep in mind that the best way to keep your office air quality high is to hire a professional expert cleaning service.
If you are looking for a commercial cleaning service near you, schedule an appointment with us to maintain the indoor air quality of your office. Our commercial cleaning services come at very affordable rates so that keeping your employees from falling sick does not cost you a fortune.