Green cleaning refers to using cleaning products and methods that are environment-friendly and specifically designed to protect environmental quality and human health. More medical facilities are switching to green cleaning services because of its exceptional benefits.
Read more to learn about the challenges and benefits of green cleaning for medical facilities.
Medical Facilities’ Green Cleaning Challenges
Cost and performance are the two green cleaning challenges for medical facilities.
- Performance: Green cleaning products are non-harmful and non-toxic, so people assume that these products cannot handle the dangerous gems found in medical facilities. However, there are many green cleaning products and disinfectants that are specifically designed for medical facilities. Those products can be used to achieve healthier workspace.
- Cost: Green cleaning can be more expensive than standard cleaning, but it creates a healthier workspace and improves employees’ productivity and wellness, which could outweigh its cost. Green cleaning in medical facilities will lower patients’ and staffs’ exposure to the health hazards resulting from infections, gems, and other chemicals.
Different Ways to Make Your Medical Office Cleaning Service Greener
Here are some ways that you can consider for creating a healthier and greener workspace for your patients and staff:
- You can use green cleaning products in the areas and works where they can be effective and reasonable. Make sure you use certified green cleaning products.
- Try to minimize the use of volatile, toxic or caustic products in your medical facility. Consider using microfiber cleaning products, which will destroy bacteria and gems from hard floors, reducing the use of chemical cleaning products.
- Make sure to find a medical office cleaning service that cleans the most space with minimum usage of cleaning products. This will reduce the number of cleaning products used in your medical facility and the exposure levels for your patients and staff.
What Are the Benefits of Green Cleaning in Medical Facilities?
Benefits of green cleaning for medical facilities include:
- Environmental-Friendly: Green cleaning products are friendly and healthy for the environment because they use recyclable packaging and biodegradable ingredients. These things will have a lower carbon footprint than standard cleaning products and practices.
- Minimize Health Hazards: Being exposed to toxic chemicals can cause many health problems. However, green cleaning products are non-toxic, so it won’t lead to serious health conditions such as asthma, allergy, or skin problems.
- Cost-Effective: The increased competition for green cleaning products lowers their costs. Therefore, you can save a considerable amount of money that you would normally spend on traditional cleaning products.
- Safe for the Housekeeping Staff: The cleaning staff can be easily and frequently exposed to chemical ingredients and toxic elements. This can cause health problems such as neurological impairments, cancer, and reproductive defects. However, green cleaning products minimize these risks because they are non-harmful to humans.
- Prevents Infection: The green cleaning products such as microfiber cleaning materials destroy 99% bacteria and gems more than traditional cleaning products and methods.