Carpets may be one of the most ignored sections of your property. Although a lot of your activities take place over your carpets, you normally don’t pay attention to them. Even though you make your best efforts at cleaning, your carpets regularly fall victim to dirt, dust, and spills.
Carpet cleaning can appear like yet another huge task for which you hardly ever get the required time. The fact that cleaning your carpets can be quite difficult doesn’t improve matters for you either.
Here are 7 quick and easy strategies to maintain the cleanliness and freshness of your carpet for years:
- Determine Your Carpet Material: You should first determine the material from which your carpet is made in order to accurately assess whether it can withstand the application of certain rigorous cleaning techniques and cleaning agents. It’s also advisable to duly check your carpet for color fastness before cleaning.
- Select Right Cleaning Products: Select cleaning products that are gentle for your carpet material. This will not only aid in the effective cleaning of the dirt and dust on your carpet but also guarantee good care and safety of the carpet’s material as well.
- Maintain Regular Vacuuming Habit: Regular vacuuming will ensure timely removal of the dirt and grease and help in preventing dust build-up on the carpet for long. Make sure to include the total area of the carpet by trying to divide it into segments and working separately with each segment.
- Blob Spills Straightaway: Instead of rubbing off the accidental liquid spills present on the carpet, blot them instantly. This will restrict the size of the affected area. Blotting will also minimize the chances of staining on your carpet. You can remove fresh stains by using dry baking soda bubble and later sponging up thoroughly.
- Clean Using Warm Water: This method is generally referred to as steam cleaning by professional cleaners. Carpet cleaning using warm water weakens the dirt and grime absorbed in the carpet letting you to effortlessly clean your carpet. The trick is to use the correct amount of water to prevent carpet damage.
- Utilize Sunlight for Carpet Drying: You can utilize the natural sunlight to get the best carpet cleaning job. A warm sunny day will let the carpet dry quicker after shampooing guarding your carpets against mold and mildew. Always wear a fresh pair of socks while cleaning to reduce the occurrence of dirt tracks on the carpet.
- Hire Professional Cleaners: Getting professional help in cleaning your carpet is highly recommended at least once a year. Professional cleaners are skilled in providing top quality and safe carpet cleaning. This will not only help you in caring for your family’s health but also give your carpet a clean and new look.
Switch the way you view a carpet cleaning job and follow these simple carpet cleaning tips to experience the comfort and luxury of a fresh and clean carpet.
Momentum Janitorial is a leading commercial janitorial company based in Irvine, CA. We provide professional cleaning services including carpet cleaning to our clients at affordable rates.
Contact Us Today!