Green cleaning is trending everywhere nowadays. If you are interested as to how your businesses can benefit from green commercial cleaning services, rest assured that your property will be immaculately cleaned, in a safe and effective way.
But what contributes to its popularity and how can you ensure your cleaning products and techniques are “green”. Hiring a green cleaning service provider or green maintenance provider plays a key role in maintaining an environmentally sound commercial space.
What Constitutes Green Cleaning? Green cleaning is the integrated approach to cleaning that involves equipment, products, and regulations, with the single aim of minimizing unfavorable impacts on health and the surroundings. This yields highly effective cleaning outcomes for your commercial property. Bearing this fact in mind
Here are 4 key benefits of commercial green cleaning your property.
- Protects Building Occupant Health Green cleaning equipment and methods employ fewer chemicals in general and have restrictions on harmful chemicals known as carcinogens, teratogens, neurotoxins, hormone disruptors, and more.Certified green products are cautiously managed to minimize their corrosive nature, inhalation toxicity, combustibility, and skin absorption. They are less annoying to the skin, eyes, and respiratory system, and have less related health risks.
- Enhances Indoor Air Quality Conventional cleaning products emit harmful Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) that are known to reduce the indoor air quality. This causes certain short and long-term harmful health effects like respiratory problems, allergies, headaches, etc.Indoor air quality can severely impact employee well-being and productivity. commercial Green cleaning doesn’t involve any type of harmful chemicals and does not cause indoor air pollution.
- Provides Extended Return on Investment (ROI) Healthy, environmentally-friendly options for cleaning may appear to be costlier now, but their ROI in the long-term can’t be overlooked. Green cleaning proves to be cost-effective in the long run because:
- It enhances employee productivity and attendance of building occupants.
- It minimizes costly ventilation solutions needed to repair bad indoor air quality damage.
- It employs less damaging chemicals than traditional products and methods, improving the durability of flooring, furniture, building exteriors, etc.
- It’s gradually becoming more affordable with emerging ranges of options.
- Boosts Environmental Sustainability Dangerous, non-biodegradable chemicals from conventional cleaning systems find their way into the soil, water, and air. These chemicals are also packed into non-recyclable containers. All these components release unsafe elements into the environment like phosphates or alkylphenol ethoxylates (APEs).On the other hand, being an eco-friendly alternative, green cleaning supports the environment. They are safely disposable to reduce the pollutants entering the commercial premises. They are created from sustainable, biodegradable, and non-toxic substances, with packaging that doesn’t produce unnecessary waste.
Tips for Commercial Green Cleaning
Commercial green cleaning hugely contributes towards maintaining the standards of green commercial spaces, but it’s more applicable than merely office buildings. Commercial green cleaning and maintenance is a wise option anywhere, including educational institutions.
Check out these six commercial green cleaning tips:
- Avoid Potentially Dangerous Sprays – Avoid products like air fresheners and cloth protection sprays because they contain harmful chemicals linked to potential health problems in the endocrine system such as reproductive disorders.
- Treating Carpet Is Not Recommended – Refrain from using carpet cleaning and stain-resistant products that make your office susceptible to dangerous chemicals. Instead, you should trust a steam cleaner.
- Beware of Old Furniture – Recently, laws have been made to eliminate Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE’s) from the furniture market because they act as fire retardants and disintegrate into harmful metabolites linked to cancer. Keep away from using PBDE furniture.
- Replace Cleaners with Smart DIY Tricks – You can use many standard household supplies such as lemon, cooking oil, baking soda, and vinegar to make your DIY cleaners for surfaces and tough odors.
- Carefully Study Cleaning Product Labels – Although only 7% of cleaning products satisfactorily disclose their ingredients list, a few do reveal harmful chemicals on the bottle. Make sure to stay away from cleaning products that contain dangerous chemicals including phthalates, formaldehyde, and chemical surfactants.
- Hire LEED-Certified Cleaners – Professional cleaning service that maintains your commercial property must be LEED certified. The US Green Building Council awards LEED certification to the deserving facility management teams that actively employ best green cleaning practices in their service offerings.